Followers

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Eleven Down, One To Go! Can You Believe It, Girls????????????????????????????


                                     For starters, I turned 67.  I also broke my book reading record, at 116.  Unfortunately, that book happened to be Gary Shteyngart's "Our Country Friends."  As of this book, I am done with him.  I had better luck with "A Calling For Charlie Barnes," by Joshua Ferris, which clocks me off at 117.  It is also his best book since his first, "Then We Came To The End."



                                          There was Musical Theater Week, celebrating Legends Of The American Musical Stage."   Thanksgiving was intimate and quiet.  Just the way we like it.  Even had a visit from Dexter!


                                              Then there was Musical Theater Heartbreak, when Stephen Sondheim passed the day after Thanksgiving.  And now we have something new to worry about--Omicron!  Just when I hoped some semblance of normalcy might return.


                                                  And now the Holidays are upon us.  November had its good and bad months. But it will always be mine.  Now it is done.


                                                    See you next month, girls!!!!!!!!!!  Book right now, for an appointment with Sally!
                                           Now it can be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Reading SO many Sondheim tributes.
Now I’m singing “Being Alive”

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I learned that while studying voice.
It was challenging. Yes, so many
tributes. I am waiting for a huge
memorial.

Victoria said...

You sang that song?!!
Well, now I want to hear it!
Email me a clip!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I studied voice in the 80s, before
anything was available. I think I
could still handle "Being Alive,"
but I have always wanted to filmed
singing "Frank Mills," in front of
the Waverly. Hope springs eternal!!!!!!!!!!