Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Happy All Souls Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       Yesterday, the saints were honored; today it is the friends and relatives we have lost, and our forthcoming passages.  I dislike the Mexicans naming it the "Day Of The Dead," which has no dignity,  and sounds more like the title  of a George Romero movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                           This is a day to reflect on ourselves,  and those who have gone before us.  Not that reflection can't be done anytime.  But in all fairness, the saints have their day, the souls have the other.



                                             Grant us all eternal peace, when the time comes,  Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

...May the peace that passes all understanding guard your heart and mind through Jesus Christ our Lord!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Thank you for those lovely words.
I will take them to heart.

Victoria said...

That verse is a comfort to me!!
It’s interesting to read the different translations of the Bible.
I am NOT “religious”
I just try to live by Jesus’ teachings of Love, Peace, Patience, Faith, Forgiveness...

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
That is comforting to me as well.
I try and do my best, but growing up
in a family of saints, and not feeling
able to measure up is hard.