Followers

Friday, November 26, 2021

Girls, Join Us Tomorrow Night, As Svengoolie Presents "The Devil's Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                             Supposedly, David says I chastised him several months ago, because he was watching this film, which I wanted to see.  When I began looking into this film, for this post, I was surprised.  I thought it was a made for TV film--the year was 1975, which made sense.



                                                But it was theatrically released.  And with an A-list cast!  Ernest Borgnine, Ida Lupino, William Shatner, Eddie Albert, Keenan Wynn, (he made "Nashville" the same year--imagine!!!!!!!!!) Tom Skerritt, and a then young man making his film debut, John Travolta!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also in this film are Satanist Anton La Vey (rumored to have been in "Rosemary's Baby," but not true!) and his wife, Diane.  This alone should guarantee a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                   With "Willard" and "Deadly Blessing," Ernest Borgnine was the Camp King for a while; about as long as he was married to Ethel Merman.  The film also boasts an unusual ending, which David is anxious to see.



                                                      I think this will be a blast, girls!  Join us!


                                                      Nicholas will be watching, too.  But in his palatial digs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh wow I’m reminded of, years ago, cleaning out my packrat uncle’s house and discovering this and many other vhs movies!
We couldn’t keep any; too much dust and mold.
My skin was a rashy mess.
It’s called Compulsive Hoarding now; a mental disorder.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
David and I have both known hoarders.
One was a childhood friend of mine.
I cannot understand it; he was not
raised that way.