Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Happy Birthday To The Power Engine Who REALLY Runs New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       Now, darlings, I know Eric Adams was just elected yesterday, but that is just a symbol.  Today is  the birthday of Anna Wintour.  That's right--ANNA.  And she is who really runs this city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                         At 72, nothing seems to stop ANNA.  I hope I look as good as she, when I reach that age.



                                          I am  sure there will be a huge birthday gathering for her at Balthazar's.  Were I more  comfortable about indoor eating, I would join  it.



                                           So, Happy Birthday Anna, from The Raving Queen, and all  his girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                               You keep things going,  darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Welp, as a fellow ADAMS I am required to support Eric lol
But my heart is with ANNA!!!!!

Videolaman said...

Last night I happened to catch a news program with file footage of Anna at work (pre-sunglasses) circa 1994. My jaw dropped: she looked to be age 105, give or take a decade. No wonder she superglued the big shades to her face shortly afterward: she must have seen this clip too. Lord only knows what she actually looks like under those dark glasses today: perhaps she's the Portrait Of Dorian Gray to the ageless Jane Fonda?

Not to take anything away from her achievements or power, of course: I was just truly shocked by how utterly ghastly she looked 26 years ago (not what I remembered at all). One tends to think these fashion icons are almost required to fit a certain mold to retain industry influence, but evidently Anna (and Grace Coddington) transcend that stereotype with impunity.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

David and I went with Adams, as well.
But ANNA really runs things!

The Raving Queen said...

My Dear,
Some people just improve with age.
Think of all you have to look forward to!