Followers

Friday, November 19, 2021

Girls, Join Us Tomorrow Night, As Svengoolie Shows Who We Should Cheer For!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                  Back in 1962, when this film came out,  even I went to see it.  I say "even," because,  up to that  point, I was only allowed to see Walt Disney movies.  But everyone--and I mean EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!--was going to see this.  I could  not show myself in the classroom--I was in  second grade, I think!--if  I had not gone.



                                                     Even then, the  one I cheered for was Gojira, and you had better cheer him on tomorrow  night, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Between Gojira, Svengoolie, Kerwyn, and maybe Toonie, it should be a fun evening.



                                                       This film, amazingly, was a box-office hit!  Nevertheless, when it was sort of redone, last summer, after 59 years,  it was retitled "Godzilla  Vs. Kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



                                                        Make no mistake who the REAL star is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                        And  wouldn't it be great if, some  Saturday, Svengoolie showed the 1984 "King Dong????????????????????"

2 comments:

Victoria said...

The first “scary” movie I saw was Poseidon Adventure.
I wasn’t even that young, I was a teenager, but it traumatized me!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
What amazed me about 'Poseidon' was
Shelley Winters swimming underwater.

The Godzilla film wasn't really scary,
just fun, and my first non-Disney film.

The first scary film I saw was 1964's
"Black Sabbath."