Followers

Friday, November 19, 2021

"Loveland....Where Everybody Loves To Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                   I am only afforded one day to go to Loveland, darlings, and that was my birthday, which happened to have been yesterday.  As well as concluding  Musical Theater Week.  At 67, I don't feel that number, though there are times when my body reminds me.



                               I was too busy celebrating yesterday, to post anything, which is why this is turning up now.   The celebration was low keyed, but just what I wanted.



                               David took  the day off, and we went into Manhattan, to do a book run at Three Lives.  Looking ahead to 2022, I have designed a project for myself where I read as many of the NYRB Classics as I can.  More on that, in the future, but this was a perfect time to reveal such.



                                 Oh, and I got a birthday gift from Three Lives,  for being such a valued customer--a beautiful red tote bag,  with their name and logo on it.  I will use it exclusively for trips into Manhatttan!



                                  From there, we returned to our Brooklyn neighborhood, where I deposited some birthday gift money, in my bank, and then to the Little Cupcake  Shop,  where we selected a slice  to share, as my birthday cake.   I chose Coconut Cloud.  With tea, no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                  But the main course was the piece de resistance.  David made, for me, Fettucine, Mio Amore,  a dish referenced in Amor Towles' "The Lincoln Highway," and which anyone can Google online, and find  the recipe.  We wondered how we would like it.  It turned out to be not only delicious, but a light meal, for  an  Italian one.



                                    Were times normal,  we would have been going to a matinee tomorrow.  I can tell  you the show would have been "Company."



                                     Alas, alas.  Someday, it  shall be.  But for now, my birthday was just fine.  Another year of new opportunities, new chances, and love with David.



                                      Hope your  birthdays are as fabulous as mine was, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Here it is!  Simply delicious, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Sometimes the low key birthdays are the most special!!
.... there’s a wealth of happiness and romance, in the Golden afternoon...

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Love the lyric reference! Yes,
this low key birthday was the best.
Thank you!