Followers

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Wedding Cakes Will Never Be The Same Without Sylvia Weinstock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    Yes, another New York icon has passed away.  I know you all want to hear me talk about the OTHER ICON--and we all know who that is, darlings--but it is going to be so hard to write that post. So, let us talk about one who passed earlier; last Monday, in fact.  She was 91.  The woman who defined Wedding Cake--Sylvia Weinstock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                       As perfect as my 2017 wedding had been, it was missing a Sylvia Weinstock cake!!!!!!!!!!!!   Glamour is going, girls!  There was a time when a person in this town could not get married, without a Sylvia Weinstock cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I mean, think of it, darlings!  Weddings meant Sylvia!!!!!!!!!!!!  How I pined for a Weinstock cake, but it was not just possible.  I wanted to call Sylvia personally, but was not allowed to.


                                          Nevertheless, all was well.  But now Sylvia has left this world, and with the icons on the other side, what cakes she will bake.  But who will take her place here on Earth?  The way things are going down here, probably Entenmann's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                            Sylvia was a Brooklyn born gal, who did not become the cake artist she was, until into her fifties.  See, girls, there is still time.


                                               Rest In Peace.  And, girls, at your next wedding, when biting into that cake, think how better Syliva's would have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                              Just look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

QUEEN OF CAKES!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

Indeed! These icons can never
be replaced.

Victoria said...

My sister is an excellent baker.
Me, I try but just do not seem to have the skill.
Or maybe I just don’t have the motivation to practice lol

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I wished I had had the ability
to create such beautiful work, like
Sylvia. I had an eye, but not the
skill or the drive.