Followers

Friday, June 7, 2024

A Sad Farewell To Janis Paige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          Even though Doris Day did a fine job in the 1957 film, when it comes to "The Pajama Game," nothing beats the Original Cast album with John Raitt and Janis Paige.  And I know something about "The Pajama Game," myself, having done the show back in 2001.  I had the time of my life!



                              On June 2, Janis left this world, after 101 years!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can you believe it?  If she had hung on till September 16, she would have been 102.



                               But, girls, I am telling you, the cast album of "The Pajama Game" defines the show. And one of its songs, "I'm Not At All In Love," taught me the art of belting.  Most on here would have thought I had learned it from BARBRA or Ethel Merman, but it was actually Janis Paige.



                                She did it all--stage, screen and television.  She made it past the century mark!

                                    Here is Janis, in all her belting glory!  Rest In Peace, Janis and thank you for the work you left behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                       Enjoy, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

And what a beauty too!!!!! Stunning and timeless.

The Raving Queen said...

Mistress Maaddie,
I took a look at some early Janis photos. She was quite
attractive. It is sad she did not go farther than she did.
She should have.

Happy Pride, darling!