Followers

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Tuesday--Pride Week Movie--"Valley Of The Dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                            I knew I wanted a musical, darlings.   At first, it was a tough choice, but when this 1967 classic popped into my head, I knew I had made the right decision.



                            This film may not be a musical, but it feels like one, brimming with numbers that are just so unbelievable.  Iconic costumes?  How about when the beads envelope Patty Duke's boobs??????????



                            But mostly it is a story for all us girls.  Come on, hons, you know you have all acted it out in your bedrooms.  Or maybe even your living rooms.



                             Many opt to want to be Helen Lawson.  Sure, she is campy and fun, but for me there is only one choice--Neely O'Hara, "the lovable kid from vaudeville, who became a star and a monster."  That's me, for sure!  And I cannot wait to have that hysterical epiphany in the stage door gutter, with that hair style and coat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                 There is no escaping it--"Valley Of The Dolls" is the perfect movie for Pride Week.  It goes great with coffee and alcohol.



                                     Have fun acting out as self-destructively as you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                      And watch out for Jacqueline Susann's cameo.  It will demonstrate why she never made it as an actress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

aww YOU could Never be a monster!!
unless it’s the GOOD kind of monster like BG!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Well, of course, I would be a good monster.
But Neely was a star, and that I can exude.