Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Isn't This Just The Most Precious Thing, Darlings????????????????????


                            Cole Escola is now the Toast Of Broadway.  His show, "Oh, Mary!," in which he drag parodies Mary Todd Lincoln we saw earlier this year downtown at the Lucille Lortel.  Well, now his is bringing this show to Broadway's Lyceum Theatre, and Broadway is going to love it!



                              But I had no idea Cole has been around for as long as he has.  I first discovered him on "At Home with Amy Sedaris," where he played Chassie Tucker.  It took four episodes in to get me to realize he was not a woman; he was that good!



                              I couldn't be happier for Cole, and his arrival on Broadway during Pride Month--hell Pride Week!!!!!!--could not be more perfect.


                               Too bad it did not arrive on Broadway sooner, or Cole could have netted himself a TONY nomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                However, back in 2013, while still a lad in his twenties he did this act at 54 Below where he delivered his take on a song all on here love, "Gypsies, Tramps And Thieves."  Darlings, there is nothing like Cole's version.  Even Cher could not outdo it.  I am going to try and bring it to you.  You just HAVE to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                    Darlings, I cannot find the video.  But if you search on You Tube, it can be seen in all its enchanted glory.  You will simply adore it, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!

                          Meanwhile, from Joe's Pub, here is Cole's take on the "Mary Poppins" classic, Feed The Birds."  Simply enchanting, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            Darlings, I just watched it, and he manages to be both funny and heartbreaking as the song requires.  He is Broadway's freshest faced ingenue, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                  

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I kind of want to see a Cole/Cher duet!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I would, too. And I bet both would love doing it.
I think Cher would get a kick out of this.