Followers

Saturday, June 1, 2024

Girls, You Have Got To Tune In To "Svengoolie" Tonight, To Watch Judith Evelyn Steal The Show As The Deaf Mute Wife In 1959's "The Tingler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                            You know how I am always after David, girls, to get dolls of famous monsters?  Well "The Tingler" is one I would not have, even with my tastes.  It is plug ugly, looking like a clawless monster or a giant crayfish, depending on your dining preference.



                              All it does is look ugly and make tachycardiac sounds.  The one who really pulls off this film is Judith Evelyn.  When she is left alone in her apartment, all hell breaks loose, and Judith does all the acting herself without speaking a word.



                               She played Miss Lonelyhearts in Hitchcock's "Rear Window," back in 1954.  She deserved an Oscar nomination then, and she deserves one here.



                                  I am telling you; she is the reason to tune in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                 See you at 8PM, as usual.  And please, more Nostalgiaferato.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

welp, I missed it, I don’t even recall what I was doing that evening.
Nothing exciting, I assure you!!
Hoping you’re not too anxious about David’s upcoming surgery.
The Waiting is the worst part!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
You are so right! Thank you for thinking of us.