Followers

Thursday, June 27, 2024

Thursday--Pride Week Sister Act--Bette And Joan In "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?"


                                    No need for last names here, darlings, because we all know them, don't we?   I knew I had to work Bette and/or Joan in here, somehow, and what better way than the picture in which both starred and impacted gay sensibility for decades?  And still does.



                                      Of course, the pivotal line is the child Blanche (Gina Gillespie) saying, "I won't forget.  You BET I won't forget."



                                        But I just love when Joan asks Bette how next-door neighbor Mrs. Bates (Anna Lee) enjoyed her film, and Bette, mocking Joan, say, "Oh, really?  Did she like it?  She LIKED it!!!!!!!!!!"



                                         Girls, we all know the lines and we have all acted it out, at one time or another.  I always want to be Jane; I can't imagine anyone wanting to play Blanche, except for the big reveal, unless there is a streak of masochism in them.  And there are plenty of those out there, girls!



                                            'Baby Jane' just warms the cockles of my heart.  It depicts the childhood I longed to have, and maybe still do, and it is just so much FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                             What could be better for Pride Week than this perfect "Sister Act??????????????"

2 comments:

Victoria said...

acted it out!!
danced Very Prettily!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Oh, you know I and thousands of others did. Bette's performance made one both fear and feel sadness for Jane.