Followers

Friday, June 14, 2024

What??????????????? No Joey Chestnut???????????????????


                        Joey Chestnut, in his own unique way, is as iconic of the Fourth Of July as Uncle Sam. 



                      For sixteen years, he has reigned supreme at the Hot Dog Eating Contest on Coney Island, which happens on July 4.  But now Nathan's has gotten into a snit, because, Joey, who is a professional eater--they don't have that major in college YET--registered with some vegan company, and so the other brand is all bent out of shape, and now they do not want Joey.



                        Nathan's, get over it!  Or, as Cher said in "Moonstruck," "Snap out of it!"



                        Really, there is no reason why Joey should not appear.  If he does not, I bet there won't be much of a crowd as when he is there, and should this continue over the years, the contest will lose its audience and fan base.  Can another Joey be discovered?  Only time will tell.



                        Nathan's is acting childish.   Let Joey stay in the contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

childish indeed!!
I haven’t had a hot dog in Forever, have you??
Mother still eats stuff like that, I don’t know how she does it!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
When I was a kid, hot dogs were all I ate.
Now the thought of one sickens me.
I was a fussy eater, so my parents were glad to get anything into me. I was also underweight. All part of the heart condition, you know.