Followers

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Today Is A Day Of Remembrance, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          From 1990 till about 2014, this was a major event in my life.  As the years went on, the group I would go with became larger and larger. until Time, that inconstant jade, did things in.



                           For starters, what began as a small, local event, that only purists like us knew about, became a worldwide phenomenon, thanks to social media.  Now, the crowds are so intense, and with this heat, I do not know how I would stand it, at my age!



                            Then the eatery we went to went out of business.  I remember one year we decided to go to Gargiulo's, and I had to take a change of pants, because shorts were not allowed inside.  Even though we were the only ones there and were going to a summer event!  When they saw me come out of the bathroom, leaving, dressed in shorts, the staff gave me dirty looks!  The cads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              But the saddest thing as time went on, so did our group shrink, due to circumstance, or tragic passings.  Things were never the same, nor would be again.



                               So, to a new, younger generation frequenting this event, I say enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              And top it off with the Spook House ride.  Is Spookarama still even there?

2 comments:

Victoria said...

more and more I look back at my youth and wonder “How did we DO it?!!”

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
As do I. Which is why the number "Our Time" in 'Merrily' just breaks my heart.