Followers

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Happy Fourth Of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joey Chestnut!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                I  have decided to break a bit with tradition, girls.  I ushered in the month  with "1776," but for this special day--which evokes sadness  and nostalgia for me because of my childhood past, and my parents' friends we would always visit on this day, but who are now all gone--I chose another tradition, one more bound to those in the tri-state area, and that is Nathan's Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest, At Coney Island.  Last year, things were virtual; this year, they are not; alas, though not coming from Nathan's, but Maimonides Park.


                                 Nevertheless, current champ Joey Chestnut will be on hand, to try for his fourteenth win.  I have no reason to doubt he will achieve it, but let  me tell you something, darlings,  I would not have his gastrointestinal tract for the world.  And while he is only 37, this will catch up to him,  in old age.


                                      But, it  is a day of celebration, so, Joey aside,  have yourselves a fabulous Fourth, while staying safe, and remember sun screen, and to wear your best summer outfit!


                                        Happy Fourth, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

bogieme2 said...

michael love this song every fourth its another fourth of july and when they light up our skies i think what a waste of gunpowder and sky by aimee mann we quote that every fourth hope you and david have a a happy one norman

Victoria said...

I haven’t had a hot dog in forever...
Have you seen how they are made

The Raving Queen said...

Norman,

A Happy 4th to you and Joe.
Think of you all the time.
The other day, I was getting up,
David was home, and the first word
out of my mouth was "COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!"

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

When I was a small child, you could
take me to the most expensive eatery,
and all I wanted was "a hot dog and
a milk shake." With my health problems at
the time, my mother was grateful just
to get any food into me, at all. At cookouts,
I only ate dogs. When I hit puberty, I lost
my taste for hot dogs, and from then on it was
hamburgers.

Like you, I have not had one in ages. And
somehow, I don't think I want to see or know how
they are made. I never even have read "The Jungle,"
by Upton Sinclair!

Victoria said...

ugh I Did read it.
My father was a Lithuanian immigrant, like the main character.
I still wish I had not read it.
Doesn’t that gorging ruin one’s insides?

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Thanks for the heads up.
I think I will pass. I will
stick to Sinclair Lewis, instead.