Followers

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Can One Get Amazon Delivered To The Cayman Islands???????????????????


                      Excuse me for a moment, girls, but this is important.  I don't often get political on here, but I just have to say something.  Yes, I do have an issue to pick with Bruce Handy, and his piece for "The New Yorker" entitled "The 'Dazed And Confused' Generation, but that is not for here, unless the piece is taken offline.


                        What I have to say is about Trump's CPAC speech, wherein his followers are all like the boogiemen of Boogieland, in the 1934 "March Of The Wooden Soldiers."


                          The Donald is delivering his followers and everyone into his Fascist Fantasyland, which, if he gets elected again, will become real.  So, I am thinking of a place to retreat to.  David says there are better places than the Cayman Islands, and I am open to suggestions, but  the matter stands that--gasp! --I may have to leave New York.

                             Whatever the relocale, it must have access to books and coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            But that does not mean I will leave you, girls!  This blog would probably become more of a "Life From The Road" kind of chronicle.  If we actually do leave, which is highly unlikely.  We will just cross our bridges, when they come.


                            Even if the worst happens, and all the communities that are not White Christian Americans are burned at the stake, like Elizabeth Selwyn, at least I will be able to say I went out in style--


                           Like a flaming queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                         

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I just might be your Island Neighbor!!!
Sounds like a blast!!!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I would love it. But I do need
books and coffee.

Victoria said...

Definitely!! And not just ANY books and coffee; OUR kind of books and coffee!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Oh, yes, you had better believe I am particular
about the books and coffee!!!!!!!!!!