Followers

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Sad News, Girls--"Sventoonie" Has Been Cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          There was no way I could have known last Saturday's episode of "Sventoonie" was his last.



                          He had gotten his act together.  He did a marvelous job spoofing "The Night They Took Miss Beautiful," featuring Victoria Principal as--are you ready?--Miss Israel!  They stuck to the standard company--Sventoonie, Trevor, and Blob E. Blob.  I was so looking forward to seeing what he was doing next week.



                             Except I discovered, earlier this week, that the show has been cancelled.  They are going back to 10:30 "Batman" reruns, saying they are going in "a new direction."  Right.  So, now we have to go back to watching "Judge Judy" at 10:30PM, for laughs!



                              I would like to wring the necks of those responsible.  "Sventoonie" was the perfect after show to "Svengoolie."  Now, all we have to rely on is he.  But he has a gem of films in March coming up, I can tell you!



                              Like Amy Sedaris, Sventoonie had too short a run.



                              If we cannot bring Amy or Sventoonie back, maybe they can be teamed up!



                             Now, that would be something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

a “new direction”??
Sounds more like an OLD direction to me!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Yes, and I really cannot find out why. This is a small TV station operating out of Middletown, NJ, not far from where I grew up. Who knows how large a staff they have, or who is in charge? I would love to tell them they are wrong.