Followers

Friday, March 10, 2023

THIS Is Called A "Tour Of Italy???????????????" I Call It "A Trip To Obesity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                       I just finished reading a nifty little novel called "The Maid," by Nita Prose.  The title character, Molly Gray, is a sad soul who is, I think, on the autism spectrum; maybe having Asperger's.  She is compulsively perfectionistic, but that works in her favor, giving her a smartness that aids in solving the mystery within the novel.



                     Molly is a frequent visitor to The Olive Garden restaurant.  It was important to she and her grandmother, when the latter was alive.  Of course, darlings, I would not be seen in such a place, as it is "distinctly middle class."



                       The dish "Tour Of Italy," which I had never heard of, is Molly's favorite, standard dish to order when she goes to The Olive Garden.  Honey, if you keep eating this, your arteries will clog, so that you won't even make it to thirty.  She is twenty-five in the novel.



                          My God, those carbs!  As you can see, this entree consists of a heaping pile of lasagna, some fettucine alfredo, and a chicken parmigiana Who the hell could eat all this in one sitting??????????



                           No wonder obesity is on the rise. The Olive Garden is just a step up from a fast-food franchise.  I have heard of hefty portions, but this is too much.  



                            When I take my "Tour Of Italy," it will be in Vencie, in a gondola with David, after a light repast at a restaurant by the water.



                               "Tour Of Italy," indeed!  "Stuff Your Face" is more like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 


                           

2 comments:

Victoria said...

We have been to og many times; I stick to the salad!!
My husband has always been able to eat whatever he wanted and stay thin; now that he’s in his late sixties his weight has begun to creep up. It is so hard to change habits later in life

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Never did I mean to imply you are "distinctly middle class."
Far from it. I have been to, actually, but compared to other
Italian restaurants, it seems faux; not the real thing. And
the portions are too much. Even if I just stuck to the bread
and soup. I did, and I thought the salt factor would overload
my system!