Followers

Monday, March 20, 2023

For Baby Boomers Such As I, Silly Putty Is FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             When we were young, the media picked on us, and now, as we become Senior Citizens, they pick on us again.  One recent article I read said we were too old school for using land line phones, paper money, and even writing out checks.  Excuse me???????????  As long as boomers are on this earth, these things will ever be obliterated.



                                 And that doubly goes for Silly Putty.  Who would dare attack that?  I owned it, and so did most of my contemporaries.  In the original TV screen designed package, which I just loved.  I mean, if you did not have Silly Putty, you were nothing.



                                  There was something comforting about it, same as Play-Doh.  And I loved picking up comic images from the papers and stretching them all out of proportion.



                                    I wonder if the creator of The Blob from the 1958 movie had anything to do with this?  I would not be surprised.



                                       Fellow boomers, fight!  Do not give up your creature comforts!  And especially not Silly Putty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                      Remember, it is OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Thank You!!!
We, and many people we know, still use landlines, paper money, and checkbooks!!!
And I enjoy silly putty, playdoh, and modeling clay, with my grandchildren!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
You are welcome! We are not gone, yet!
The nerve of some of these yoonger folk!