Followers

Friday, March 3, 2023

Girls, Join Us Tomorrow Night, For A Film I Have Always Wanted To See!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             When I was growing up, in 1961, this film played at the Brunswick Drive-In, on Route 1, outside of North Brunswick, NJ. Back then, I was only allowed to see Disney films, but I really wanted to see this.  My parents would not take me; not just because it was a horror film, but because this was the drive-in that everyone came to for sex.  I did not know it, but somehow my parents did.  Not that they did anything; God forbid!  The other drive-in, The Turnpike, on Route 18, had more class.  That is where I saw Hayley Mills in "Summer Magic," back in 1963, and, even then, I knew I wanted to wear all her outfits!



                              Maybe they were afraid I would emulate Oliver Reed and act like a werewolf.  And, to think, just seven years later, my parents took me into Manhattan to see Reed play Bill Sikes in "Oliver!"  He terrified me to this day.


                               So maybe my parents were right.  But I cannot wait to see this unusual film, where Reed has real werewolf make-up, as he has pointed ears, and, while this film has all the lush Hammer period design and color, it is based on Guy Endore's 1933 novel, "The Werewolf Of Paris," even though this is set in Spain.  From what I have gathered of the plot, it was intended to be a lycanthropic companion to "The Brides Of Dracula."  Will it succeed?  We shall see.


                                  Join us all tomorrow at eight, for this delight.  And stay indoors!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                  Who has sex at drive-ins anymore, darlings????????  Maybe Norman Bates types!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh yeah, hanky-panky in cars!! Never did that, myself. But I have SEEN some things I cannot unsee!!

On a sad note, I have a funeral to attend this afternoon but will definitely be home by eight!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

So sorry about the funeral. David and I offer condolences.

Victoria said...

Thank you so much.
My pastor died; he was well into his eighties and had pastored churches for over fifty years!!
A life well lived.
“Well done, good and faithful servant”
It was a day filled with lots of tears, lots of Joy, and lots of LOVE!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Indeed. Love helps one through sadness.
It was good that you went.