Followers

Friday, March 31, 2023

Good News, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  The point of this post, dolls, is not the coffee mug, though it would go fabulously with my collection.  It is the reason I have not been on here since Wednesday, which, beside being Amy Sedaris' birthday, was a day of anxiety for me.


                                  Both David and I had dental appointments, and go to the same dentist, who is not far from our apartment, and whom we like very much.  But then David upped my anxiety.


                                   He insisted on going into the city, to Madison and 57th, to get his zipper fixed on a Burberry coat.  This ride, which is one way, takes almost an hour. He left at 9:45, and I was a wreck.  I could not go with him, our appointments were at 1PM and 145PM, respectively, and I did not think he would get back in time.  And I have to pre-medicate an hour before.


                                      Added to that the encroaching fear of traveling in NYC, thanks our news coverage, even though most events seem to occur in Queens or The Bronx.  You know, the one that's "uptown, and to the right."  But things happen everywhere, even on the Upper East Side, for God's sake.
But not on Sutton Place, and that park. It is still my dream to move there.


                                        Believe it or not, David made it.  He called from the store, to tell me he was on his way home, and in fact, when I arrived at the dentist's office, he was seated in the waiting room already.  I could feel myself begin to compress.


                                          And walking out the door, after the exam, free for another six months.  As Irene Cara once sang, "What a feeling!"


                                          I survived another one, girls!  But I still suffer from Dental Anxiety Disorder.


                                 
 

2 comments:

Victoria said...

You’ve probably done posts on this, but what are your favorite parts of nyc??
Like, what is your favorite spot in Central Park,

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Interesting idea. Concerning Central Park, I have two--
the Delacorte Theatre and Belvedere Castle.