Followers

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Wouldn't This Make A Great Sister Act, Darlings????????????????????????????


                               The name is built right in--"The Gorgon Sisters!"  They could be the new "Supremes."

Wouldn't you love to hear them do "Love Child?'  Hey, how about a listen?


                                                                   


  



                               This post comes because last night I finished Natalie Haynes' book "Stone Blind," a novel about Medusa.  Now, I love Medusa, but this book was so disappointing.  It was more about the gods fighting each other than Medusa.  I am telling you, if you want fictionalized Greek mythology, stick to Madeline Miller, who wrote "The Song Of Achilles," and "Circe," both of which I loved.  Haynes' prose is clumsy, lugubrious, and just plain boring.  Miller is the real thing.



                                Medusa was done an injustice. If I were she, I would have turned Haynes to stone!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

God help the mister, who comes between me and my sister!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I would love to do that number!
It is the highlight of "White Christmas,"
especially with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye!

Victoria said...

Indeed. We are Entertainers, after all!!