Followers

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Really, Girls, You MUST Visit The Beatrix Potter Exhibit At The Morgan Library And Museum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               It is on display until June 9, so hurry, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                               This past Sunday, David and I, along with friends Dan and Norma took in this exhibit, and what a visual treat.  Not only that, I learned a lot.  In addition to her detailed artwork, she wrote all the stories, and was a semi-professional botanist, drawing, diagramming and dissecting animal and insect remains, bones, and skeletons.  Some of her insect drawings are worthy of a bio text book.
                                          Isn't this just beautiful and soothing?  How seamlessly the red blends with the browns and the blue of the umbrella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                  Look at the soothing detail in this drawing.  I would like to have this adorn one of the walls in my bedroom; so warm and comforting, with much for the eye to gaze upon.
                          Really, the craft is exquisite


                         Additionally, many of the space's walls are painted in baby blue, transporting me to my childhood, as my first bedroom at home was painted such.  I felt as though I was in a world I never wanted to leave.


                          Something I should point out, and that is my one caveat.  Back in 1971, G W Films and EMI Films released a film called "Peter Rabbit And The Tales Of Beatrix Potter."  It played the reserved seat circuit in major cities but never made it to the suburbs.  It was directed by Reginald Mills, and featured Frederick Ashton and then stars of the Royal Ballet.  The film has no dialogue and features the dancers in carefully replicated recreations of the Potter costumes, dancing about as the characters, enacting out stories.  I have always wanted to see this film; it may be lost by now, but I so wished footage from it could have been incorporated into the exhibit.  Maybe this exhibit will inspire a place like the Film Forum to show it.  That is, if the current programmer has any sense, which I doubt.


                              Leave your bitchiness behind.  This will transport you to a place of innocence.


                               I may even go back for a second visit before June 9.





                         

No comments: