Followers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Darlings, What The Hell Am I Doing Here?????

Girls, we have been in Florida for almost five days, and let me tell you I have no idea in Christ's name what I am doing here. There is no Dolores Hart or Connie Francis, honey, that must have gone out years ago. The men look like pervs, what men there are that still have prostates intact, and the lack of glamour in the women is worthy of a lesbian trucker convention.

But, still, girls, we are managing to survive, what with a visit with my father, who is doing fabulous at 94, a trip to "Julie and Julia" which still enchants and which I know thrilled him, and darlings it just reminded me that a girl has GOT to get back to her own kitchen. When I return from this press junket I am on, I am going to cook me a potato vegetable tortilla, saute some pasta and open some wine!!!!! Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then when I am back in NYC--my comfort zone--I will report on the fashion and arts scene all week, because next week I will be covering that scene like you would not believe, girls!!!!!!!!

And how are all my fabulous girls, anyway??? Imagine yours truly, blogging in Florida. I am surprised they have heard of such things here. The back roads are like one gigantic set for "Cold Case", with the inhabitants looking like extras from outakes of "Deliverance!!!!!!"

Girls, God, Mary, Meryl, Amy, help me! Help me get back safely to the land of NYC with all my girls and lambs, where I will be yours again, darlings!!!!!!!!!!! When next you hear from me I should be safely ensconced!!!! Pray for me, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: