Followers

Friday, November 23, 2007

Girls, I Can't Help It If I Am SO Fabulous!!!!!!

"Little brat!
That's what my sister was, a little brat!
And that's why I shaved her head,
I'm glad I shaved her head!"
--Patricia Garland as Judy Turner in "A Chorus Line" (1975)


Girls, how can I convey to you what my week has been like. Everything from a weekend baby christening with the most behaved infant in the world contrasted by the brattiest male toddler this side of Damien The Omen, a birthday celebration, family drama with potential trips to the hospital and health spills....and then you wonder why I am exhausted??? And then to hear all
the Christmas classics ALREADY!!!! It is just too soon!

But Thanksgiving was perfectly low key, with companionship, a lovely movie--Disney's "Enchanted" where Susan Sarandon plays the Wicked Queen all us gay men dream of being, and a lovely dinner at a lovely restaurant. Yes girls the silent movie portion of 2007 is in full gear, which means that from now till things come to a screeching halt on January 2 we are on the go--shopping, socials, drinks, edibles, parties parties parties....it is enough to give one pause.

And then the Sam episode on "Cold Case." Girls, I am telling you it is what could have happened to me in adolescence had I acted up. Instead I nurtured decades of bitterness and resentment that I am only beginning to work out now. Makes me want to investigate "Boys Don't Cry" again, or at least "Children of the Corn," where I would have loved to chop up some of the adults in my home town, especially the trash denizens of Goat Alley and Mrs. Santamarina. If she is still alive I hope she chokes!!!!!

Girls, I am such a Holiday Bitch! But it is all in the name of love and compassion and the milk of human kindness just flows in my veins! You are all so cute, my darlings! Stay tuned to this blog for a complete account of ther 2007 Holiday Season--the only truthful and accurate one out there!

Or else I will force feed you all unsweetned oatmeal, like Tallulah Bankhead in "Die! Die! My Darling!"

No comments: