Followers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Girls, We Have To Get Over This "Sex And The City" Nonsense!!!!!

Darlings, just what are we girls supposed to do? Now that SATC has arrived in movie theaters thousands of those of us who are impressionable, and even those of us who have been around the track are going to be disillusioned over their lives not being defined by the gospel according to Carrie Bradshaw. Well, sweethearts, let me tell you, as far as I am concerned my sex in the city outdoes Carrie and even Samantha's by leaps and bounds. Not just because I know all the fetishes--bet Candance Bushnell and Carrie Bradshaw don't know what FF means--but because in addition to such there is substance and abundance in the way I live my life. I mean, I read books, darling. And not just trash. But serious literature from Jonathan Franzen to Jonathan Safran Foer to Proust. When does anyone in the world of Carrie read?? And what do they read? Fashion ads for products that will become outdated as soon as they buy them? Leading them to buy even more which is what the fashion industry counts on--the gullibility of its customers????

Sweethearts, instead of bemoaning the fact that your life is not "Sex And The City" do what so many of us do instead--look around at the reality of your life and create your OWN SATC. Because it is YOURS it will have more meaning for you than trying to ape Carrie.

As Blanche du Bois said, "I don't want realism, I want magic."

That magic is obtainable if we stay true to ourselves. In Blanche's parlance, you CAN
make enchantment!!!!!

No comments: