Followers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday To Donna McKechnie!!!!!

Darlings, today we celebrate the memory of the Greatest Showstopper In Broadway History. Make sure you limber up at the barre this morning, girls, and dance in honor of Donna!!!!!

What a week this has been! From the nastiness of the Film Forum shafting "Splendor In The Grass," to a tkt to "The Wizard of Oz"--my all-time fave, no less-- this has been one hell of a ride. And when am I supposed to get back in my kitchen. Then I arrive here for work early only to find I am working till 8!!!! I need to have my head examined. Or something!

Well, I cannot wait to see 'Oz' on the big screen again; who knows, with me due to turn 55 on Wednesday, it could be my last viewing. Now let's not get morbid, girls; after all, we have outlived Judy, though we don't nearly do as much drugs as she!!!!! As for the day, I am dining at Sant Ambrose, buying "The Children's Book" by A.S. Byatt, and then maybe see something at night! Anna Deavere Smith would be just perfect!!!!!!

Did you see that review for "Ragtime?" I told you it was better than the orginal!!!! No wonder Garth Drabinsky, now indicted, is just a footnote in theater history!!! Unlike Miss McKecchnie, who is and will always be an icon...and you can bet with the upcoming Broadway reavival of "Promises, Promises!"--yes, girls!!!!--she and Baayork will be at the center of the choreographic fray.

See what caaffeine does, lambs? It just makes me whizzzzzzzzz across this screen. Now it is time for all us to whizzzzzz to those dance barres and honor Donna!!!!!!!

Pivot step, walk, walk walk, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

screwtheright said...

Happy Birthday (one day late) you gorgeous person, you!!