Followers

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Welcome The First Day Of Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                   This is kind of an understatement, I know, but I am going with what I have been taught--that March 21st is the First Day Of Spring!  I  know forecasters and meteorologists said it was March 19, due to Leap Year, but, I am sorry, darlings, that day still belongs--and always will--to St. Joseph and The Swallows Of Capistrano!

                                     So, today is the day that Proserpina Comes Back From Hell. Meaning she arrives with a complete wardrobe, and reticule of beauty products, so things bloom in spring.  And why I selected this picture for 2020, rather than one of Proserpina.  Actually, it reminds me of the opening shots in David Lynch's 1986 masterwork, "Blue Velvet."  Remember those almost artificially painted flowers and white picket fence, set against the background of an almost too gorgeous blue sky?????????????

                                      What a way to open Spring, this year, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       And what does one listen to, on this day!  Why, none other than Stravinsky's "Le Sacre  Du Printemps," darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Happy--AND HEALTHY!!!!!!--Spring, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Today is my grandson’s sixth birthday!
No party, everything’s cancelled.
He is making the best of it, dear boy!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I feel bad for your grandson, and the older
kids who may miss out on prom or graduation.