Followers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Darlings, My Indefatigable Niece Has Done It Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Girls, this is such exciting news!!!! Yesterday I had an email from my sister, who informed me that Jennifer, my authoress niece, was told she had won her THIRD (!!!) Newberry Honor Award, for her recent book, "Turtle In Paradise." I mean, one award would be something, but three!!!!!! She is fast becoming the Audra McDonald of children's literature!!!!!!

The awards ceremony will be held in New Orleans, LA, and wouldn't it be fun, lambs, to take that Streetcar Named Desire again????? Or dine at Galatoire's, just like Blanche and Stella!!!!! And with my knowledge of the French Quarter and Garden District!!!!!!

But I am getting ahead of myself, which is to honor my niece for this vast contribution she has made. I mean, what a week! First Joan Baez hits 70, and now this!!!!!!!!!! Wait till they hear about this at the Book Club tonight--it will be the TALK of the coffee klatch, loves!!!!!!!!!!

So hats off to my niece, who is one of the movers and shakers in the Children's Literature field. And if one award does not confirm THAT, then three certainly does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shake your booties, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: