Followers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Darlings, Put On Your Sunday Clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Well, girls, that is exactly what Monsieur and I did yesterday, as we journeyed by train out to the scenic little suburban enclave of Morris Plains, New Jersey. Darlings, I am telling you, you have to see the train station; it is so picturesque and quaint, it looks like something from "Hello, Dolly!" Which is how I was inspired to write this post!!!!!

But th

e weather was freezing, too cold for even this Raving Queen to do a musical number. Instead, we were whisked away to the charming cottage of the enchabnting Linda and Marilyn, where we were served a superb meal--a meat loaf, girls; not the singer; and how long has it been since we have had one of those???? And home cooked, yet!!!! Monsieur bought a lovely strawberry cheesecake for desert, and we were just carried away on a wave of suburban bliss and scenic splendor, because, girls, when I stepped off the train, I felt just like Geraldine Chaplin as
Tonya in "Doctor Zhivago," when she arrived at Varykino!!!! I am telling you, I heard the Maurice Jarre music to that scene in my head!!!!! Then we were driven across snow covered landscapes to a Varykino-like dwelling, with me trying my darndest to look like Julie Christie!!!!!! But without chapstick in this weather, it is impossible!!!!!!!

Nevertheless, a lovely visit was had by all, and as we made our way back to the city, we bid a fond farewell to the enchanting Morris Plains, knowing someday soon we will be out there again!!!!!!!

SO enchanting, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: