Followers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Now, I Want To See All My Girls There!!!!!!!!!!

                                 
                                            Or at least as many of  you who can make it, as the Chelsea Classics with Hedda Lettuce, shows, as pictured, the Joan Crawford film, "Berserk!"

                                              Now, I have never seen it, but I do know this is the one where Joan is running a circus, and still looks pretty spiffy in her tight ringmistress outfit, and dancer legs!!!!!! This also has a superb cast--Michael Gough, Ty Hardin, Diana Dors, and Judy Geeson!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                 But, first, let me say, I hope I get in!  Because, several years ago, when this film was last shown, I sauntered downtown to the Chelsea after work, to get a ticket, never having had trouble before. Imagine my shock, when I was told the film was sold out!  I could not understand why, because, while I am sure it has its camp value, it is not as well known as some of Joan's other films, and that includes, of course, the classic "Strait-Jacket!"

                                                   What could be better than seeing this with a bunch of screaming queens???????  Maybe Hedda will show up, dressed in a replica of Joan's circus outfit!  I am sure she would look stunning!!!!!!!!!!

                                                     So, I want as many of my girls as can join me there.  The floor show starts at 7:00, with Hedda at her most...well, Hedda!  And the film will commence at seven thirty!!!!!!!!!!

                                                      Be there, or be square!  It could bring a whole new meaning to your next experience of listening to the Cast Albums of "Barnum" or "Carnival!"

                                                       See you there, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: