Followers

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Meet My Friend, Nicholas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     Actually, girls, you have met Nicholas in other posts, where I have referenced him, and posted this same pic.  But I wanted to give him a posting of his own, because he deserves one, as he is not just my friend, but a caregiver.


                                      Nicholas always appreciates a pet and a scratch from me.  He looks up, sees it is I, and settles back down.  But, he always raises his chin, because he likes me to scratch underneath it.  From what I have been told, I am the only one Nicholas allows to do this.

                                       During the warmer months, he loves going out in his back yard.  He has all sorts of hiding places, but, when I go out, and call him, he comes out of hiding, to give me love and comfort.

                                        Even more, Nicholas knows I am currently having a rough time, and is concerned about me.  I never realized how much till one Saturday, I was in Apple Tree, alone, and had an episode of dizziness.  I sat down on the green bench, resting my head and arms on one of the chair arms.  Suddenly, I heard some movement from behind, and Nicholas came right up near me, pawing at me, to make sure I was OK.  When I sat up, and told Nicholas I was OK, he stayed with me for several minutes, before going back to his place. I was so touched by this, realizing the special connection Nicholas and I have.  I am so grateful to him, not just for this, but because he always makes me feel better.

                                           So, here is to you, Nicholas!

                                            In Bay Ridge, you are certainly the coolest cat!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

You are a dog whisperer AND cat whisperer!!!

Victoria said...

Cats are just as intuitive as dogs!
Maybe even More so!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I suppose I am, though Nicholas is
the only feline I interact with.

My sister had a calico named Bella.
One day, when my sister was out in
the yard, her husband took a fall
in the bathroom upstairs. Bella
ran down to the porch door, stood
up against it, and meowed loudly, alerting
my sister!