Followers

Saturday, September 12, 2020

"What Are You Looking At, You Stupid Ass Nurse?????????????????????"


                                                Could this actually have been me during my TEE Cardioversion procedure, this past Thursday?  It might have been, because, prior to actually going through it, this is how I was feeling inside--all churned up and nervous.


                                                  The team that handled me were anything but stupid assed.  My two nurses, Samantha and Denise, at NYU, were lovely, and sensitive to my fears, which they helped to alleviate.  In fact, I was not aware of coming to--suddenly I was there, then not, then back again.  Like Glinda in "The Wizard Of Oz."


                                                      My voice was a little ragged, after having a camera shoved down my throat, which, thankfully I have no memory of; otherwise, the photo above would have been real.


                                                       Now, I wear a heart monitor and await the next step.  Perhaps I should be singing "At The Crossroads," which Samantha Eggar did in the 1967 film "Dr. Dolittle," which I still have not seen, and was actually nominated for Best Picture that year.


                                                        Hmmmm......maybe that will be my next post!


                                                        Nevertheless, loads of thanks to my superb team at NYU!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Makes me want to re-read One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.
It’s actually on my shelf right now!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I just re-read it, about a year ago.
Biggest surprise for me, both ironically,
and humorously, is Ratched has the same
first name as my mother, Mildred! And
my mother was a registered nurse! But
nothing like this character!