Followers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Darlings, It Was A Picnic Morning Without A Warning!

Girls, I am telling you, what a whirlwind weekend. This social butterfly was flitting from stem to stem. Friday night started with dinner with The Girls at Good Stuff, followed by cooking and rest on Saturday, culminating in a visit to Coney Island, where, lambs, we rode the Spookarama, and saw the 1920 silent version of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" with John Barrymore. What an eexercise in cinema subtlety, with allusions to eroticism, sexual depravity, and I don't know what. Honey, I am telling you, my Puritan consciousness was shocked. On Sunday more rest and then we went into the city to meet Rob, who was captivated, as I knew he would be, by "Julie and Julia," with a good heaping dose of Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. Thank God they are available for remedies, and just wait till they get on DVD. Kitchens and living rooms will be going like crazy. Yesterday we saw the Anna Wintour documentary, "The September Issue," and, listen, if you think I am something to deal with, you should see Anna! Wait till she has to deal with me! And that Grace Caddington--what a frump! She wouldn't be allowed in the cafeteria if I ran VOGUE. But Anna was Anna, even if she did pull in the claws a little, and the outfits were gorgeous, and cameo appearances by key fashion icons--like Oscar De La Renta! I have to hang out with Anna someday soon; my assisitant will have to remind me! But a good time was had by all at this bitchfest, the lesson of which goes like this--If you are going to be a Total Bitch, you MUST drink Starbucks coffee. So now I do lambs. I mean, some may say I am a bitch, but not a TOTAL BITCH! Watch out now,girls. And wish me luck on the Dr. visit this afternoon; I may not be pregnannt, but who knows? Tomorrow, hopefully all will be back to normal!
Happy Bitching, Girls!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: