Followers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Girls, You Gotta See This Beautiful Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darlings, I am telling not you, not since the opening of "Mildred Pierce," where the camera pans from outside to inside Wally's seedy night club, and we see Veda Ann Borg as Miriam Ellis singing "You Musta Been A Beautiful Baby," has there been reason enough since to sing this song. Last evening I visited my friend Audrey in her palatial Brooklyn Heights apartment, and while she still has that unparallelled view, she now has something more--namely the beautiful baby in question, nine week old, Ruby Ann.

The child has a stunning head of hair, which should be no surprise to those who know Audrey. She has the most engaging smile and the brightest, alertest look. Granted, what with having received her first tetanus shot the day before, and the mugginess of the weather, Ruby was a little testy. But then, honey, you should see how testy I get when I get MY tetanus shot, so, believe me, Ruby was a trooper!!!!!!!
Soon after I arrived, she was sitting in her chair, busily going over Mommy's portfolio, urging her to consolidate some assets. Audrey is in negotiations for purchasing a co-op, and you better believe Ruby is handling the deal. And at only nine weeks!!!! I predict that by nine months, she will unseat Elena Kagan in Washington!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, Audrey looks so svelte, I cannot believe she was once pregnant. I am telling you, girls, if I thought pregnancy would give me a figure like that, I would take a stab at it!!!!!! But I am too old, anyway, and besides I would not want to shock Cousin Manny from Fort Lee.

I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Ruby Ann, and that IS Ruby Ann, not Ruby Gentry, which is a Jennifer Jones movie. When Audrey gets settled, I may bring over some of my transactions for Ruby to straighten out. Meanwhile, Ruby is the joy of family and friends, not to mention the entire community of Brooklyn Heights, where she blissfully resides.

Switching topics, I just want to remind my girls to be there tomorrow night at the Chelsea for Hedda Lettuce's engagement in tandem with the 30th anniversary screening of the classic, the original, "Friday The 13th." I don't believe I have seen this film onscreen IN 30 years, though I have seen it many times on VHS and DVD. We just cannot get enough of Betsy Palmer as Mrs. Voorhees, and I now have an intimate association with the film, having twice roamed through Blairstown, New Jersery, where it was filmed. And still looks pretty much as what you see in the film!!!! This could be the best Halloween EVER, so I want all my gals and ghouls to be on hand tomorrow night for what is sure to be a sell out event, with every queen in town flocking to it. The BIG Halloween parties are not till Saturday night, so they can. Remember to chant "killkillkillkilll!!!!!" when you hear the Manfredi score.

Hope you score big tomorrow night, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: