Followers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Darlings, As Donna Summer Said, "Enough Is Enough!!!"

Girls, it is a safe bet to say that by now, most likely, the Clementis have laid their beloved Tyler to rest. But this does mean he goes away. Tyler is going to be with us for a LONG time in a very different way, and it is starting right now, when I tell you that much as I want to throw the key and lock the doors on Ravi and Wei, they are already in a HELL of their own making, as with what has been written, profiled and examined--and there is now a Wikipedia page on Tyler--they will forevermore be connected to this irrevocable tragedy, and they are going to have to live with that. How will they? Honey, it's not my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had enough of these people who dismiss the whole thing as a prank gone wrong, and not recognize it for the deeper homophobia it is. As other have said, if Tyler had been occupied with a woman, this would not have happened. OR maybe it would. I know many straight folk who, like Tyler, would not care to have their conjugal activities recorded and aired for all to see. But that it was a gay encounter makes it more heinous, especially when Mr. Ravi expressed some discomofort exactly one month before Tyler's death, when he Twittered to all and sundry--"Just found out my roommate is gay." That wording sugggests some uncomfortablity. And if that was the case, why didn't he seek an a room transfer? Why didn't the Rutgers administration put Tyler in with someone who would be more comfortable with him, and vice versa. And what was done or not when Tyler himself tried to take these same actions?

Keep tuned, darlings, because over the next months, these answers will be played out. I can live with these scum not being charged with a hate crime, though I think they should. I will NOT tolerate their walking away, getting no jail time at all. I call for outrage to be expressed if such a travesty happens.

But all we can do is wait at this point. And to reach out to other Tylers out there, whether with a home cooked meal or an issue of VOGUE. Show theym that they are loved for who they are.

Because, darlings, as I said, we had a vision of Rue the other night. But if these words are not heeded, you can bet that St. Bernadette, Jennifer Jones, and Mother Teresa, will cook up something BIG. And you do NOT want to mess with these babes!!!!!!!!

Continue to pray for Tyler Clementi, girls!!!!!!!!!! He is now a benchmark in gay history. He will not be forgotten!

As I never forget my darlings, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: