Followers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Darlings, Haopy Birthday To The Greatest Showstopper In Broadway History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is quite a day, girls, so let us get started. As anyone who has been on here long enough knows, today's birthday refers to the greatest dancer of OUR generation, dears, Miss Donna McKechnie. Today is Donna's birthday, and you better believe I sang and danced "The Music and The Mirror' (or at least tried to) before heading off for work!!!!!! As I mentioned, there are two schools of thought as to what age Donna reaches today, but the important thing to remember, lambs, is that she has NO age. She is a dancer, and a dancer dances!!!!!! Honey, she could go to any ACL company in the USA tonight, step right in, and outdance anyone there!!!!!!!!!! You damn well better believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been thirty five years since that fateful October 25 of 1975, where Donna held me spellbound from the stage of the Shubert Theatre. And let me tell you, my father, still alive at 95, who could probably dance the show himself if only he had trained, was with me, and still talks about this event to this day!!!!! A turning point in my life; I can tell you, darlings!!!!!!!!!

And Donna is still on the performing circuit. Regretfully, I missed her one-woman show at the Laurie Beechman Theatre on November 3; I mean, you know if I had known, Monsieur Davide would have been there, front and center, and I very likely would have danced back up with Donna; or, again, at least tried to!!!!!!! And over the years Donna has been a source of inspiration; a survivor herself, she has helped other like yours truly survive!!!!!!!

So, as we do every day on this year, birthday salutations to Donna McKechnie!!!!!!!! May she be dancing full out when the rest of us have dropped!!!!!!!!!!

But, for God's sake, don't drop that curling iron, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: