Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

And Now, For The Fictional Character Of The Year!!!!!



Oh, girls, let me tell you, there are some stories here!!!!! The winner of the above award happens to be a joint creation of my aforementioned niece, and her brother, Matt (my nephew AND Godchild!!!) who, as the creator of the visual component, should be named Artist of the Year!!!!!

So, there you are, Matt!!!!

But the winner of the Raving Queen Fictional Character Of The Year Award, is......Baby Mouse!!!!!

Baby Mouse, is this little adorable mouse, as you can see, but the character's genesis comes from Jenni's memories of a French poodle my family owned, named Baby Mouse!!!!

What stories there were with Baby Mouse!!! Like how I would cuddle her, and call her pet names, like "Mademoiselle Cunegonde." How she would sit on the rim of the love seat, facing out towards the front window, so that she would see my Mother's car pull up to the front, and let us know she was home!!!! How she would wake me up on Sunday mornings; my parents would say to her, "Go get Tommy," and up the stairs she would prance, pushing open my bedroom door, leaping atop my bed, prodding me up, with her sweet, cold, wet nose, while I called her "Ms. Poodle!"

There was the time she collided with my Maternal Grandmother, Nana, who lived with us. I was taking her out the back door, so she could relieve herself. Nana happened to be in the yard, and chose to reenter the house at that moment!!! Well, there was a collision, and up she went in the air, and down she came, sprawled out, spread legged in the grass!!!! I am telling you, girls, it is a Miracle Of God that she was not injured; she was in her eighties at the time!!!!!! Of course, she named me as the culprit, as though I deliberately chose to knock her down (which I did not!!!), and this was the incident which caused her to utter her classic remark, of me, "Lord David, give me the STRENGTH to stand him!!!!" I mean, I was just a Total Innocent, loves!!!!!!

But, wait. I would not be honest, if I did not include the "Titties" story, which I believe some of the neighborhood children witnessed.

It was Summer, and the front door was wide open. The air conditioner was not on. My grandmother was at her usual place in what we called the Sun Porch, playing Solitaire on her Solitaire Board!!!! What a nasty little thing I was. I picked up Baby Mouse, stood her up before Nana, and said--I swear!!!--

"Nana...Nana...See Baby Mouse's titties?????

This was followed, of course by screeches of indignation, and giggles from the front door, as kids looked in. Of course, I went one step further.

"Nana," I said. "Nana...Baby Mouse wants to see YOUR titties!"

Well, darlings, I never saw either she or Baby Mouse move so fast! Nana hopped up, tossed the Solitaire Board in my direction, while Baby Mouse broke off,and ran from me, but not before turning to give me a dirty look!!!! Yes, a dirty look from a dog!!!! This was one poodle who knew the Score, and understood what kind of crazy people she was living with!!!! If only she could have talked, it would have made Cleo on "People's Choice" blush!!!!!!!

So, this lovely dog (which I wish I had a pic for all you girls) has been immortalized as the fictional character Baby Mouse, in the "Baby Mouse" series. Now that Harry Potter has had his day, maybe the Mouse will get her due!!!!!!!

And yes, Nana and Baby Mouse, I AM sorry!!!!!!!!!

No comments: