Followers

Monday, May 7, 2012

Forget "Nightmare On Elm Street," Or The One Before Christmas, What About The Ones I Have??????????


                                      Girls, I don't have disturbing nightmare often, but when I do, they are unforgettable, and Saturday night, I had a series of them, all with relations from my past,  now deceased.
After talking with Monsieur, I chalked it up to the stress and nervousness of moving, and the fact that, with my imagination rampant, I am rereading "Wuthering Heights."

                                         In the first scene, I was a child, and we were among a group of people I will call
the Red Bank Relatives  (of Red Bank, New Jersey).  Two women stood out; Aunt Grace, whom I did not see much of, but liked, and this heavyset, ogreish looking woman, who has no connection that I can recall, but who, in the dream, was called Jane.  Well, we were in the living room, eating buffet style, when Jane and I got into an argument.  I became vehement and hysterical, and said terrible things about her, and everyone in the room, until I ran tearfully out the door.

                                            The next part of the dream found me in a car garage (it matched a real life one in one of these relations houses). I was eating alone, nursing my hurt, when Uncle Henry and his son Henry (two figures from real life) came in, and began putting down roach powder, to keep me from attracting roaches from the food I was eating.

                                              Continuing, I was back in the living room. We--my parents and I--were preparing to leave.  I was saying goodbye to everyone, my father was in the bathroom, and my mother had gone out to start the car.  (Something that NEVER would have happened in real life.)  Only, the car was parked on a road, that was by a beach, and the ocean.  When I got outside--nothing was there.  Frantic, I went back in, and relations came out, searching the area.  All that was found were pieces of the car.  The conclusion in the dream had been that my mother, in starting up the ignition, blew the car and herself, to smithereens!!!!!!!!!  I began crying fiercely.

                                                  The last scene took place in my childhood home, back in Highland Park. With me were my father, and my niece, Jennifer. But not as she is today; rather, as the little girl, who, back in 1978, came up to stay with us overnight, and she and I went to the movies, when we saw John Travolta and Olivia Newton John in "Grease."  Remember, it was 1978!!!!!!!!!!

                                                     We were in the house and the phone rang. My father answered it, and it turned out to be Aunt Grace!  My father chatted with her awhile, then asked if I wanted to talk  to her.  I said I did.  I got on the line, and the first thing she said was, "I haven't seen you in 14 years."  "Has it been that long?" I responded.

                                                       Either I awoke at that point, or that is all I remember.

                                                        Who would think that something like moving, especially one, which, at this point, is so potentially exciting, could cause nightmares????????????

                                                           The nicest Nightmare, and the only one I ever liked, was the ghost horse, so named, in the Casper, The Friendly Ghost, comics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: