Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

"If I Could Hold You In The Arms Of Love...Tonight!!!!!!"


                                            Girls, I am telling you, as soon as I heard that Andy Williams had died, those were the first words to pass through my head.  I know everyone will think of him as "Moon River," and his rendering of that classic was impeccable, but this was my reaction.

                                               Andy Williams went back to my childhood.  I loved his smooth, mellow voice, and would sometimes try to imitate it, singing those more mellow songs,, in between wanting to be Judy and BARBRA!!!!!!!!!  I can recall watching his Christmas specials each year, and his variety show, on which he introduced the Osmond Brothers (and possibly Marie!!!!!!!) who, of course, went places of their own.

                                                And, of course, I always assoicaited him with dressing in sweaters! Either slip over or button down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                 The thing about performers being around since one's childhood is one tends to think of them as so much older because you were so much younger. I was surprised to discover Andy Williams was 84.  "That's all?" I first said, imagining he was about ten years older than that.

                                                   Time does play funny tricks, dolls!!!!!!!!!  So, Rest In Peace, Andy!!!!!!  I can't think of any voices out there now that can equal yours. That style of vocalizing is just gone forever. Thank God it is captured on recordings and CD's. 

                                                       If you have any old recordings, listen to one tonight!  If not, find some on You Tube.

                                                       A sad but fond farewell, Mr. Andy Williams!  I may purchase one of your Christmas CD's this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                         Enchante to you, too, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: