Followers

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Set Your Calendars For This, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             I guess, darlings, October is pretty much Halloween month on Thursday evenings, over at Chelsea Classics, hosted by everyone's  favorite, Hedda Lettuce!!!!!!!!!  Well, clear the evening of October 11, because that is when "The Sentinel" will be screened..

                                             You may recall my mentioning this one a few weeks back, and wishing I could see it!  Well, loves, some dreams do come true!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               This will be the first time I have seen it in 35 years, and I am just so excited! Just think--Cristina Raines, at her "Nashville" best as the tenant; Ava Gardner as Miss Logan, who should be everyone's real estate agent, even with that hat, and, best of all, Sylvia Miles, as Gerde Engstrom and her lesbian partner, Sandra, played by Beverly D'Angelo in a flaming red leotard, making an unforgettable screen debut, by masturbating on camera!!!!!!!!!!  I am telling you, these two, who committed murders when alive, are, I think, the cinematic equivalents of Ira Levin's Trench Sisters, at the Bramford, in his novel, "Rosemary's Baby."  You have just GOT to see the film for these two, especially Beverly!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                Not to mention the denizens of Hell, which got director Michael Winner in a lot of trouble, when he was accused of exploitation by using real life freaks and disabled people for these figures.  Personally, I think this is bull; they clearly came from two places--Central Casting, and the Jewish Nursing Home, out on Coney Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                I know my girls will not want to miss this special event!  How many times does this trash get shown?????  Of course, there is a reason for that, but if you have never seen it, it merits a viewing.  And if you already have, come see what freaked you out, in the first place!

                                                 So, mark those calendars, dolls, for October 11.!  I will be there, and I want to meet and greet all my adoring throngs!!!!!!!!!!!  We can look over the October VOGUE, before the film starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                   See you at "The Sentinel!"  Fun will never be the same, afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: