Followers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Time To Go Back To "The Golden Girls," Loves!!!!!!!!!!!


                            When Monsieur and I were first courting, girls, we used to end each evening, before turning in, with a rerun of "The Golden Girls."  I loved the fashions, that house, Rue McClanahan, and the kind of warmth and security they shared, which emanated out toward us from the television screen.  No, kidding, dolls!!!!!!! And, no, I was not "on" anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               It was a nice tradition that, like many, over time, gets lost in the shuffle of others. But I am telling you now, darlings, it is time to turn this clock back.   When I start finding myself, as I have recently, thinking and sounding like one of the disembodied victims on "Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets," even I know I have reached some kind of saturation point.  After all this crime investigation viewing, I have found myself skittish and angst ridden, come bedtime.  And there is only one cure for that--Blanche, Dorothy, Sophia and Rose gathered around their kitchen  table, having coffee and cheesecake!!!!!!!  Just like I should, loves!!!!!!!!!  I recall how "The Golden Girls" used to relax me before bedtime, and send me off dreaming happy dreams.  So the time has come to revive this tradition.

                                 Actually, I began last night. But, since this was a Back To Work night, I was angst ridden, anyway. Now that I am back in the groove, I shall see what happens.

                                   Not that I am going to give up "Investigation Discovery." It is just not going to be my last watched show before turning in.  I need a more positive relaxant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      And, if  by any chance, "The Golden Girls" should not work this time, there is always narcotics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               

No comments: