Followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Girls, This Is Where I Have To Be Seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 I don't have to tell any of you, darlings, that trying to become a star in this town is no easy task.  Even if one is on a par with BARBRA!!!!!!!!!!  I mean, even BARBRA had to be seen, at one time!!!!!!!!!!

                                  This not only means in performance--though that is pretty important, let me tell you!!!!--but socially, all over town, at the right places. One of those places is Angus McIndoe, which is in the Theater District, on Broadway, between West 44th and Eighth Avenue.

                                     Did you know this is where columnist Michael Reidel and director David Leveaux had their knock down, drag down, when the director shoved the columnist, who said Britishers always ruin classic American musicals.  Now, darlings, I have been wanting to go one on one with Reidel for years, to show not only who the bigger bitch is, but to for once and all establish for everyone his elusive sexuality, and see if he has the temerity to be in the biz he is in, and be a Republican, as he was in his youth!!!!!!  And if he is, he should be booted right out of the theater district!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        However, I have to say he did have a point when it came to what he said about Britishers and American musicals. I mean, just look what Matthew Warchus did to "Follies" eleven years back!!!!!!!!  Thank God for the recent revival, which showed this generation why this show is so great, and how it should be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In this respect, I have to say Reidel is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          But, as BARBRA would say, we are talking about ME here!!!!!!!!! So, it is very crucial now that I be seen at Angus McIndoe, where the crowd is stunning, if not the food!!!!!!!  As long as they make a decent Bloody Mary, I can scarf down almost anything, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!  So I have to go about getting a reservation, becoming a habitue, if I am going to make entries into my plans to emerge from the club scene a la BARBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And let me tell you, I will be sure to give all my girls a full report on this place!!!!!!!!!!  As well as what to order, and what not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Too bad they don't have telephones at the tables, like in "Cabaret." Then, I could all greet you first hand, and you could come and greet me in turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                              What did you bring me, darlings??????????????????????

No comments: