Followers

Friday, October 19, 2012

Reason Enough To See It, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!


                                       That all around great actor, (and he is not bad to look at, either!!!!!) David Harbour is going into the Al Pacino headed revival of "Glengarry Glen Ross," which begins previews this evening. Having seen David do Nick in the 2007 revival of 'Virginia Woof,' and stints on the "Law And Order" franchises, I can attest he is reason enough to see 'Glengarry.' If only I did not have to sit through the rest of the play.

                                         Now, don't get me wrong.  I love Al Pacino, the play, and David Mamet.  But after only five years, why revive this play again????  It's like getting a colonoscopy!!!!!!!!!!  Granted, 'Virginia Woolf' wasn't all that long ago, either, but that play has a timelessness to it that the Mamet work just  doesn't.  It offers a feast for actors willing to sink their chops into roles, so I can understand a cast wanting to do it (and I know David will be great!!!!!!!!) but think of the audiences who have to be subject to this yet again!!!!!!!!!  It simply isn't fair. Personally, I think David should have reprised Nick in the current 'Virginia Woolf'.  As he was the sterling actor of that earlier production, I have no doubt he would be better than the actor currently on display.

                                        I have no beefs about seeing David.  And what a piece of beef he is to see!  I would just like to see him in a more viable vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           But, that's the Rialto for you, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: