Followers

Monday, September 29, 2014

It's Official. Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Year Is Winding Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        The first sign, as I have said on here, is when we transition over from August into what I call the "ber" months, when things seem to speed up!!!!!!!!!!!!  The second, and more official, sign is when I see
the poster for the New York City Ballet production of "The Nutcracker," and that happened last week, on September 24 (exactly three months before Christmas Eve,) when I spotted it on the premises of Lincoln Center, en route to a doctor appointment.

                         So, now it is time for my Head Polchinelle to get in gear, and to think about getting tickets.  Especially this year, because I am not sure my beloved has ever seen this live--I mean, my God, how can you NOT?????????--and this production and I share something in common--we will be celebrating ur 60th Anniversary.

                         That's right, this 'Nutcracker,' created by the great George Balanchine, was first done in 1954, the year I was born.  So, both of us will turn 60, though I reach it before the masterwork, as my birthday is in November.

                           This has become the Gold Standard against which all other 'Nutcrackers' are measured  Just can't wait to see that Mother Ginger!!!!!!!!!!!.  The Sixtieth Anniversary year is sure to be a sellout one, so I suggest making your plans and getting those tickets ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            Time, like the Sugar Plum Fairy , waits fro no one, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: