Followers

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Girls, I Am Telling You, South Jersey Is An American Frontier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                 This past Sunday, David, joined by our neighbors Dan and Jennifer, took a drive to South Jersey, ending up in New Hope, PA.  Let me tell you about South Jersey.  The residents are made up of people who live back from the road, in one floor houses, where, when night falls and lights are on, someone inside is performing, nightly, their own version of Marsha Norman's 'night, Mother."  I mean, what else is there to do?????????????

                                 And the strip malls!  This one is classy, compared to what I did see.  If one is lucky, one lives in one of the creepy Marsha Norman places, adjacent to a strip mall, where one can walk and do laundry!  Hallelujah!

                                  Forget truck stops and prostitutes.  They are all over the counry.

                                  Only South Jersey can offer the above!

                                  For a nice contrast, hop across the Lambertville Bridge, and step into New Hope, PA!
Bucolic streets, charming store, a turn of the century atmosphere.  What more could one ask?  Especially a  princess, like myself!
Of course, there is a bookstore!  And, of course, you know I HAD to go in.  I emerged with two books--"Transcription," by Kate Atkinson, and "The Swallows," by Lisa Lutz. Everyone emerged with something to please themselves!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, no visit to New Hope would be complete without dining at Marsha Brown, a blend of American, Southern and Cajun cuisine.  Jennifer had the Gumbo, David had chopped salad, Sole Meuniere, with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus, while Dan and I had the Tourendos in Bernaise Sauce, with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus.  Jennifer had a bowl of gumbo.  For desert, David and I both had Grandmere's Comfort Custard, while Dan and Jennifer, I think, shared a Chocolate Lava cake, with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.

Cheaper than a high end Manhattan meal, I can tell you!  With twice as much quality!

I would come back here in a second!

Make sure you dine at Marsha's, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: