Followers

Monday, September 30, 2019

I Still LOVE Mr. Jingles, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               The character was given the main title, in last week's episode of "American Horror Story/1984," but, like I indicated in my previous 'SVU' post, this, too offered more questions than interest in what is presently going on.

                                As can be seen, Emma Roberts is still trying to be the most naïve thing on the premises.  She does the basic--and I mean BASIC--acting requirements, but I am still not buying it.  Before the season is finished, I can guarantee, viewers will get the REAL Emma--lean and mean!!!!!!!!!!

                                Just ask Evan Peters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Now, while John Carroll Lynch was prowling around, as Mr. Jingles, he got less screen time than Betsy Palmer as Mrs. Voorhees, in "Friday, The 13th."  Which makes me think two things--while Mr. Jingles is a baddie, I want to know his back story, and I also want to know more about Margaret Booth, wonderfully played by Leslie Grossman.  After seeing the unholy interaction between she and Richard Ramirez, The Night Stalker, (and there really was such a person, girls!!!!!!!!!!!) played by Zach Villa, I am beginning to wonder if Margaret Booth, and her "holier than thou" routine is all talk.  Could she be the hidden Mrs. Voorhees??????????  Could she and Ramirez be mother and son?????????????  How would the writers handle it?  And how, if this is even possible, does Mr. Jingles fit  into the fabric?

                                  When one of the hunky male counselors was killed, I could not even tell you which one, or care.  And, yes, we are all still wondering about Matthew Morrison's bulge; personally, I think it is an expanded homage to the one Kevin Bacon was sporting through his blue Speedos in the original "Friday, The 13th."

                                   The questions asked here suggest a more exciting seasonal lay out than that on 'SVU.'  As I watched the first episode, the week before, I thought, "How routine.  I know the drill already."

                                     Not so, here.  Already, viewers are being teased, and the prospects for the season look good to go in these or other, unknowable, directions.

                                       At least this show keeps one thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

He had a sad childhood...

The Raving Queen said...


Victoira,

No doubt, but I want to see that childhood.
Could Tara Karsian as Chef Potter be his mother?