Followers

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Girls, We Have Come SO Far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    I love the artwork behind  these Fifties ads,  but can  you  believe  there actually was a time  when  folks believed could  not open a bottle of ketchup?  Yet  could endure childbirth, child  raising, and  heartache.  We have, indeed, come  a  long  way, dears.  


                                    Except in hair and fashion.  I really like  this woman's  look.  I wish I could emulate it, and had the money to get custom  made things.  Like Amy Sedaris, who manages to be both retro and  hip,  with the outfits she wears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     But this ad just cracks me up,  darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     This has to be an example  of  why Rod Serling  wrote "Patterns!!!!!!!!!!!!"


2 comments:

Victoria said...

I’m so old-school, I’ll sometimes ask my husband to open a jar even if I can do it myself. What’s the harm? It makes him feel good!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

There is no harm in that,
but it is nice to know
women now have options!