Followers

Thursday, November 26, 2020

The Holiday Season Is Officially Here! But, Girls, I Am Telling You, Watch Out For...Religious BARBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 Now, darlings, as a life long Theater Queen who has wanted to do "Funny Girl" myself,  ever since Barbra  opened it at  the  Winter Garden  Theatre, back in 1964, when I was nine,  I have just  loved her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   One of my favorite Christmas tunes is her humorous interpretation of "Jingle Bells," which no one else can do.   On the other hand............


                                  When La Strident goes religious....look out!!!!!!!!!!!   First, just look  at the album cover!  Give me a break!   And when she sinks her chops into things like "Ave Maria," "O Holy Night," and  other religious Christmas classics,  oh my God!!!!!!!!!!  The elongated notes,  vowels and consonants!!!!!!!!!!!  What the hell is she  trying to do?  Channel Jennifer Jones  in "The Song  Of Bernadette?"  As if she thinks  she could!  Keep it  real, BARBRA; there is just some  territory into which you should not go, but, being you, who the hell  is going to stop you????????????????


                                   Has anything been able to stop the Streisand  Juggernaut?  Of course not, so when Babs goes all religious,  simply grin and bear  it.


                                     Or  better yet,  switch channels to Patti Page or Rosemary Clooney!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Or Patsy Cline or Peggy Lee or Teresa Brewer!
Even Shirley Jones!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
When I was growing up, my parents
had a Christmas album by Julie
Andrews. Who did two beautiful
English carols one seldom hears--
"The Holly And The Ivy," and the
"Wexford Carol."