Followers

Friday, November 13, 2020

Today Is The Start Of Musical Theater Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                         I cannot believe it  is  that  time  of month,  already!


                                         No, not "that time!" I mean, Musical Theater Week, when,  from today till the 18th (which is my birthday) we celebrate the  birthday of someone legendary in the American musical  theater.


                                          Today we start with a groundbreaker--the  late Sammy Williams.  Sammy left us on  March 17, 2018, and would be 72 today.  He originated the role of Paul in "A Chorus Line," back in 1975, when  I had the pleasure of seeing both he and the  Original Company,  with my father,  from whom  I was  keeping the secret of my very first sexual experience which had taken place, earlier that week.  Not only did I feel Sammy was speaking directly to me, I wonder how much my father had guessed, or not, at that point.  I was only 20, then. And that was on October 25, 1975.


                                           Forty five years later, both my father and Sammy are gone.  In fact, Sammy died just a month after my father.  So,  today, I remember them  both, and I ask  all of  you to remember Sammy, as we enter Musical Theater Week!

       

                                      Here is Sammy, performing that groundbreaking  monologue.   No one did it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Three more days!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
You are so right! I am
both excited, and grateful!